Start-Up ABA (ENG)
ENGLISH – ITALIANO
From the experience of Voce nel Silenzio in training operators, behavior analysts and entire rehabilitation centers, Start-Up ABA is born: a project aimed at freelance practitioners, public and private bodies who wish to train their staff in the implementation of ABA interventions. The project is also aimed at organizations that already have staff capable of delivering ABA interventions, but who wish to expand their ABA services or wish to increase their effectiveness, efficiency, scientificity or improve organizational and economical aspects.
Would you like to start an ABA center? Would you like to launch your business as a behavior analyst? Would you like to improve the ABA intervention in your center?
Start-Up ABA is the Voce nel Silenzio project for you!
Anyone who has gone into an ABA study in-depth enough to see
- theoretical thickness
- methodological rigor
- possible practical ramifications
- complexity in the implementation of the intervention
knows that a few notions on reinforcement and extinction are not enough to obtain high results.
Every professional with an ABA course behind them knows how to produce “the little miracle” of the child who matches cards or touches figure on request. But when parents or teachers ask the professional a little more for their child, our experience suggest that the most varied justifications are produced (Eg: the child has a deficit; the child is too autistic; the child must be accepted as he is, etc.).
BUT IS THAT ALL? CAN THE FAMOUS ABA GIVE US SO LITTLE?
An ABA habilitation / rehabilitation intervention truly based on behavioral science is not limited to the “small miracle”. ABA interventions, if directed in a scientific way, with methodological rigor and with attention to ethics, can radically change people’s lives. The problem is that, based on our experience, the complex, profound, conceptually advanced and scientific part of ABA is not always applied.
The client with autism or other behavioral difficulty has the right to an effective treatment. But reaching this goal, especially when the most common ABA procedures have failed with the user in question, necessarily implies an in-depth study of the case that can be done by:
- Measurement of the behaviours
- Analysis of the data collected through graphs and data charts
- Parametric and non-parametric analysis of data in order to guide decision making
- Procedures aimed at obtaining and verifying internal validity
- Procedures aimed at obtaining external validity
- Procedures aimed at obtaining social validity
- Scientific method in a broad sense and reasoning aimed at falsifying hypotheses
Applying these parameters to the client who needs an effective intervention means not only doing ABA, but doing it WELL! In a scientific, methodologically or conceptually correct way, to obtain results clearly higher than the “little miracle”.
Is that difficult? Yes of course!
But no problem: we are here to guide you, and with a powerful ally
Voce nel Silenzio applies Staff Management and Performance Management techniques based on the OBM
(Organization Behavior Management, a branch of ABA focused on workplace performance)
to help individual professionals and entire centers to develop truly effective ABA interventions.
Start-Up ABA is designed for free-lance professionals who want to launch their own business, as well as for public and private entities that want to create an ABA service or improve its quality. The project involves:
- Theoretical and practical training to implement effective, efficient, scientific ABA interventions
- Fieldwork supervision in order to apply ABA interventions with increasing autonomy
- Construction of an organizational and economic model that is adequate with respect to the territory, staff, clients
- Mentoring and coaching to start and develop your business.
Freelance professionals, public and private bodies who wish to start or strengthen an ABA habilitation / rehabilitation service aimed at:
- Intellectual disability
- Hyperactivity and attention deficit
- Difficulty in learning, autonomy and sociability
- Sleep problems
- Problems related to food such as food selectivity and refusal of food
- Provocative, aggressive and non-compliant behaviors
- Learning difficulties and motivation at school and / or during study (from kindergarten to university), such as difficulties in reading, writing, calculating and self-study
- Educational difficulties in general
- Difficulties in self-help behaviors following brain damage due to trauma or other causes
- Deficit in the growth of sports performance
- Unjustified recurring thoughts that cause what we commonly refer to as “fear”, “sadness” or “anger”
- Marital problems
- Self-help behaviors and compliance by elderly clients
Whole Europe. The service will be provided both remotely, by Zoom digital platform, by telephone and clouding services, and face-to-face, with operators directly on the field.
- The manager of the institution or the freelance professional contacts Voce nel Silenzio to describe their needs.
- The management of Voce nel Silenzio, depending on the complexity of the case, organizes a first meeting with 1, 2 or 3 behavior analysts who have experience in the field of business consulting and professional career development. Depending on the case, assistant behavior analysts may also participate in the meeting.
- Once the goals set by the clients have been clarified, an intervention project is structured that includes
- Operational definition of the goals.
- Definition of data collection procedures related to behaviors that will lead to the goals.
- On-site or remote measurement of baseline levels of target behaviors.
- Drafting of protocols for the staff members of the institution or for the free-lance professional aimed at achieving the objectives.
- On site or remote Staff training in order to help staff members to change or develop target behaviors.
- Verification of results obtained through measurements.
- The project is practically implemented by means of:
- Meetings between the head of the institution and the behavior analyst in charge.
- On-site or remote application of behavior measurements addressed to staff members.
- On-site or remote consulting, coaching and supervision sessions.
- On-site or remote application of behavior modification procedures addressed to staff members.
Contact the Voce nel Silenzio office al numero 349 2579 121 via Whatsapp o SMS
La segreteria è attiva il mercoledì e venerdì dalle 15 alle 18.
Send a WhatsApp message or call Director of ABA Services (Michael Nicolosi, Psychologist, BCBA) at 0039 347 0411 481.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com
For more information: